Find different ways to connect your HP printer to your Mac. With your Mac computer connected to the Printer, you can easily print and scan. We’ve listed the best simple method to install a HP printer step by step on a Mac computer.
HOW TO INSTALL PRINTER DRIVER IN MAC OS
Before you start print setup, make sure your HP Printer has updated printing software. Follow steps to install the software on your Mac
- Turn on printer
- Go to the Apple computer menu select System Preferences
- Click on the Scanner and Printer
- Select Add Printer to the page to add your HP Printer to your computer.
- Click Download button to install the Printer Driver.
- Close the System Preferences window.
CONNECT YOUR HP PRINTER USING WIRELESS (WI-FI) CONNECTION
- Turn to HP Printer
- Go to the menu Settings and click Wireless Setup
- Click on the network to which you want to connect your printer.
- If your wireless network isn’t displayed, enter your network name in the space below
- Please enter your Wi-Fi password to connect to your network.
- Without using the USB cable, you successfully connected your HP Printer to your Mac.
CONNECT YOUR PRINTER USING WIRED (ETHERNET) CONNECTION
- Connect HP Printer without USB cable to Mac computer
- Turn to HP Printer and Computer Connect the flat side of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the square side of the printer.
- You can find a green light on your computer near the ethernet port.
- Go to HP Easy Smart on your Mac
- Click Wired Network (Ethernet) to follow on-screen instructions for the successful installation of HP Printer software.
- When you complete the steps, your printer is ready to print, scan, and copy using your Apple computer.
- You have thus successfully completed the setup of your HP Printer without using the USB cable.
If you need additional help on setting up using 123.hp.com/setup, call us at 1800-682-5959.