HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Printer Setup Guide
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Features
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 is the best suited inkjet printer in your office for short deadlines. It’s brown with a matte finish and there are even handles on either side to help carry it around. Equipped with a paper tray, the all-in – one printer can handle up to
250 sheets at a time and spit out more than 10 sheets in one minute. Also supporting various mobile printing capabilities such as
ePrint and AirPrint is the HP OfficeJet Pro 8730. Visit 123.hp.com/setup 8730 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 to download and install your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 software drivers.
The specifications for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer are given below
- Print speed (B/W): 15 ppm
- Paper Input Tray: 250 sheets
- Print speed (colour): 11ppm
- Paper Input Tray 2: 250 sheets
- Mobile Printing capabilities: HP ePrint, Air Print
- Paper Output Tray: 150 sheets
The following section explains how you can unbox your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer.
Unboxing of HP OfficeJet Pro 8730
- Open the cardboard box first and keep the flaps on the sides.
- Next, remove installation documents, install software CDs and the printer manual.
- The drivers are also available from 123.hp.com/setup 8730, or 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 and the power cord is removed, cartridges and the cartridge set are removed from the purses. Keep them aside.
- Next, remove the materials from the cardboard.
- Lift the duplexer up now and keep it aside.
- Drag the duplexer out of the box and remove the plastic cover.
- Then take the second paper tray out of the box and remove the cover.
- Finally, slide the printer out of the box.
- Take off the printer’s transparent cover.
- Remove the blue tapes from the printer.
- Then open the glass lid of the scanner and remove the Styrofoam sheet.
- Next, remove the tapes and other packaging materials from the Input Tray.
- Slide inside the Paper Tray once you’re done.
- Similarly, in the second Paper Tray, remove the packaging materials.
- Open the access area of the ink cartridge and check for packaging materials.
HP OfficeJet Printer Initialization Pro 8730
- You will learn how to switch on your all-in – one HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer in this section and do a basic initialization.
- Take the power cord you kept away and insert it into the power slot at the printer’s back.
- Insert in the wall outlet the other end of the power cord.
- Press the power button to switch on the printer.
- By scrolling through the list, select your language.
- To confirm the selection, press Yes.
- Next, select the location of your printer.
- Tap Yes again to confirm your choice.
- Tap Continue to continue setup on the next screen.
Your HP Printer starts to initialize and you can install the duplexer once the process is complete. After you have installed the duplexer, you are asked to install the ink cartridges, load paper and download 123.hp.com/setup 8730 drivers.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Duplexer Installation
- Take the duplexer you previously kept aside.
- Next, remove the transparent cover from the cardboard box.
- Then remove on the printer the packaging materials if any.
- Turn the printer and slide to the position of the duplexer. Next to the power and USB slots are the slots.
- Slide the duplexer until the slot fits perfectly.
Do not use the buttons on the side if the duplexer is not removed.
The following section shows how to install ink cartridges.
Installation of HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Ink cartridges
- To install the ink cartridges, follow the steps below.
- Open the access area of the ink cartridge next to the control panel.
- Wait until the slots for the ink cartridge move to the center.
- Remove the plastic around the packs.
- Insert all the cartridges according to color in the slot. Make sure they are locked in.
- The printer displays a message “cartridge successful installation” when the ink cartridges are successfully installed.
- To clear the message, press OK and proceed to next step.
- You can download the software in just a few steps from 123.hp.com/setup 8730.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Load paper
- Open the Input Tray.
- Now slide away the paper width adjustment guides.
- Adjust a stack of single papers on a hard surface.
- Next, insert the paper tray stack.
- To align the paper lengthwise, use the blue length adjustment guide.
- Return the input tray into the printer.
- Wait until the printer detects the paper and the alignment sheet is printed.
You can download and install software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 8730 after you have connected the printer to your system.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Wireless Set-up Wizard
- The printer will ask you how you want the printer to be connected to the system. Wired, Wireless, and Ethernet connections are available.
- This section will tell you how your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 can be connected to wireless Internet access.
- In this case, you will select the Wireless option.
- The printer searches automatically for wireless networks within the printer range.
- Select your network name and enter your password.
- To connect a printer to the network, press Done.
- The printer shows the details of the network.
- Press OK and wait to connect to your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730.
Once the connection is complete, the printer will ask you to install the 123.hp.com/8730 software drivers
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Software Driver Installation
- Open your choice of browser and go to hp.com/setup 8730 Then, enter the printer name and model number in the search box.
- To open the software, click.
- The first screen shows the list of software to be installed on the screen.
- The software selection can also be customized in the next screen.
- After the customization process is complete, HP will ask you to comply with its terms and conditions.
- Check the box next to the conditions.
- Click Next to continue the process.
- HP Software Utility starts to install the basic drivers of software.
- The printer then asks you to select the connection type.
- Then the software checks the wireless network.
- Enter the appropriate information and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
This completes the installation of software from 123.hp.com/setup 8730
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Air Print
Air Print can print documents from your apple device on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730. Follow the steps below to set up AirPrint on your printer.
- Touch the icon HP Wireless Direct on the menu panel.
- Then check the list to find the Direct Wi-Fi or the Direct HP button.
- Tap on your iOS device for Wi-Fi.
- Next, select your printer name (DIRECT starts) If a password is asked, enter it.
- Now open your phone document and tap Share icon.
- Tap Print or Print icon, then.
- From the printer menu, select the name of your printer.
- Check the Options menu to change other settings such as color and number of copies.
- Finally, tap Print to start printing.
You should already download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 8730 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 to use the AirPrint and Wireless Direct features.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Fixing the Printhead
Note that this method requires a solution specifically designed for cleaning printheads.
Follow the steps below to fix the Printhead message.
- Switch on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730. The printer now asks for the ink cartridges to be inserted.
- Then open the access to the ink cartridge and wait for the slot of the printhead or incubator to reach the centre.
- Once the head reaches the center, remove from the slot all ink cartridges.
- Next, hold aside the cartridges and pull the power cord.
- Right next to the printhead is a white lever. To remove the printhead from its position, push the lever back.
- Remove the printhead and place it so that the springs face you in a dry container.
- Insert now in the circular opening of the cartridge slot the syringe with the printhead solution.
- Pump out the solution until all the ink is flushed out through the opening.
- Then wipe the syringe and load it with solution onto a clean towel and repeat the process.
- Once all the ink has been flushed out, dry the printhead and place it in the printer back on the slot.
- Then put back the latch and place the ink cartridges.
Finally, try printing out a test page. If the issue persists, contact tech support.