123 HP ENVY 7640 PRINTER SETUP AND INSTALLATION
Unpack the HP Envy 7640 printer from its packaging and keep the power cords ready to connect in their respective locations. Put the cords in the wall sockets, so that the devices do not have loose connections or power problems. Once the cords have been connected, press the Home button in the left corner of the printer.
How to configure the HP Envy 7640 printer?
- When you first switch on the printer, you may noise.
- Use the arrows next to the printer control panel to select the language, country and region after you see the home screen.
- Press the OK button now. Now the printer screen inserts the ink cartridges.
- Lift the cover of the ink cartridge using the cutouts on your printer’s sides.
- Consider the labeling on the rear of the cartridge and initially install the tri-color cartridge.
- Remove the protective band that covers the electrical and ink jacks. (NOTE: The color on the locking levers should correspond to the color displayed on cartridges.)
- Slide the cartridges into their slots slowly and push them to their place until they are locked.
- Install the black cartridge using the same process.
- After the original HP cartridges have been installed, a message box is displayed on the Control Panel. Click OK
- Load the paper stack in the input tray. Now the printer prints a page of alignment.
- After the alignment page is printed, scan the pace printer side on the glass of the scanner.
- Once the alignment page is scanned, a message box that reads’ Align successful’ appears on the control panel of the printer. To continue, press Ok button.
- Users can now connect the printer to a wireless or Ethernet or USB network.
When the basic setup is complete, install the printer software by visiting 123.hp.com or inserting the printer’s CD. Follow the screen instructions for completing the printer installation process. Driver software is available on the web at 123.hp.com/envy7640 or 123.hp.com/setup 7640.
How to cancel the print job?
If you want to stop printing, you can do it on your iPhone in a jiffy.
- Press your iPhone’s Home button twice.
- The open and working apps will appear on the screen.
- Now select and tap Print Center.
Once the Print Center application is open, tap Cancel Printing to stop printing.
123 HP ENVY 7640 WIRELESS INSTALLATION
Users can use HP wireless direct to print Wirelessly, without even connecting to a wireless network from a smartphone, tablet, computer or other wireless device.
You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to manage the wireless connection to your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer.
- Download your HP Envy 7640 Printer’s latest printer driver from 123.hp.com/envy7640 or 123.hp.com/setup 7640.
- Press the Wireless icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Click the button next to the print configuration. By scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard, click OK. Now the wizard looks for the list of networks available.
- See if your network name is available. If not, users can manually enter the network.
- Scroll to New Network Name, then click OK. Enter the name and press OK. Enter the name.
- Use the WEP or WPA key on request. To confirm, click OK.
- The printer is now trying to connect to the network.
123 HP ENVY 7640 WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP
- Wireless network 802.11/b / g / n that includes WPS access point and router enabled.
- Wireless network connection or NIC (Network Interface Card) computer or laptop.
- The wireless network in which the printer is connected should be connected to your computer or laptop.
PUSH BUTTON METHOD (PBS)
- To start the WPS button, press and hold the wireless button on the print for a few seconds.
- The wireless light now begins to blink. Now you can click on the WPS button on your router.
- It takes a few minutes for the printer to establish the wireless connection.
- Press the Wireless button on the control panel to view the men.
- If you see the printer in error or perform an assignment, wait till the printer completes the assignment and press the Wireless button.
- From the display screen of the printer control panel, select Settings.
- Now, tap Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the list of available options.
- If the Wireless Router is pushed, then push the push button to follow the instructions.
- If not, select the PIN and follow the on-screen prompts.
How to connect a new HP Envy 7640 printer:
- Perform one of the following based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Folder with printer name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer folder – – > Printer name.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- Select Connect a new printer from the options list and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
How to change network settings on HP Envy 7640 printer?
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s home screen.
- Select Advanced Settings and then Advanced settings.
- Make the changes in the Advanced Settings menu.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless network in HP Envy 7640 printer?
- Perform one of the following based on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Start ––> app bar ––> All Apps ––> Folder with printer name.
- Windows 7, Vista Windows and XP Windows: Start––> All Programes–> HP–> Printer Folder–> Printer Name.
- Select Setup & Software Printer.
- Tap Convert a USB connected wireless printer.
123 HP ENVY 7640 MOBILE PRINTING SOLUTIONS
Mobile printing makes work easy for you. On your device you can print any document or photo store to print it on your 123 HP ENVY 7640 or 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer.
NOTE: You should connect your mobile device and printer to the same network as your computer.
We need to install software from the link www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting before setting up the mobile printing solution.
- Select the picture or document from your Apple phone that you wish to print, then tap the Share button.
- Scroll the screen to check the Print button. When you find it, tap on it.
- Select the printer you want to use and make the print settings necessary changes.
- After the changes are made, select Print to start printing.
- Open the Google Play Store and make sure you install or not the HP Print Service Plugin.
- If not, the plugin should be installed. After the plugin has been installed, enable it.
- Change your settings and your mobile device is ready to print.
- Open the document or photo you wish to print and then tap the right corner of the screen on the Menu button.
- Select the desired printer and change the print settings by clicking the arrow down.
- Confirm the printer and print configuration now. To start printing, select the Print icon.
- From the Chrome browser or compatible Google Cloud print apps, click on Ctrl+P to open the print dialog box.
- Click on Change to change the printer.
- From the list of options, choose the printer you want to use.
- Make the changes to the print settings and then tap on Print.
- Choose the document you want to print and click Devices on the menu on the right side of the screen.
- Make sure your printer is connected to a wireless network. If not, you need to add a one-time printer to install the built-in driver for the printer.
- Select the printer you want to use and change the print settings.
- Tap Print and then enjoy printing.
PRINT FROM A WIRELESS-CAPABLE COMPUTER USING AN HP ENVY 7640 PRINTER
Without connection to the wireless network, you can print directly on your HP Officejet Pro printer wirelessly using HP wireless.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows) by using an HP Envy 7640 printer?
Make sure the HP Wireless Direct option is enabled.
The Wi-Fi connection now needs to be enabled on your 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer.
Connect to a new network from your computer, as you usually do.
Select the wireless network to which you would connect. (NOTE: Choose your printer’s name which is to be listed in Hp-Print0**-ENVY XXXX.)
If prompted, enter a network security code.
If the network is used by your printer via a USB connection, do the following.
- Based on the operating system you use, do the following,
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Printer Name – – > Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer Folder.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software and then tap Connect a new printer.
- Select the Wireless option in the Connection Options dialog box. From the displayed list, select the HP printer software.
- Follow the on – screen instructions to finish the process.
- Print the document that you need to.
How to print from a wireless computer (OS X) using a HP Envy 7640 printer?
- Ensure that your HP wireless direct has been activated.
- Switch to AirPort.
- Choose your HP wireless direct name, which is listed as HP – Print-**-ENVY XXXX.)
- Add your HP printer by clicking on an AirPort icon.
- Choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan, depending on the system you use, under System Preferences.
- Select the symbol + (plus) in the left corner of the listing of printers.
- Tap on your desired printer and then click Add.
SOLVING PRINT PROBLEMS IN HP ENVY 7640 PRINTER
When the HP Envy 7640 printer is not printing (nothing prints)
- If printer jobs are stuck in the queue, all documents in the queue are cancelled and the computer restarted.
- Try to print a page after the boot process has been completed.
- If your printer turns off when you print, an alert message should be displayed on your computer screen.
- If it doesn’t, the HP software you installed will have a problem. Deinstall and reinstall the software to prevent further problems. Checking that all cable connections are secure and tight is always essential. If there is a loose connection, replace it with a new cable.
- If the blue light of the wireless icon does not blink, you must check the wireless connection of your printer. Try to print a Wireless Test
- Report to diagnose and resolve your printer problems.
- Check if the installed firewall software on your computer impedes communication between your computer and your printer. In this case, temporarily deactivate the firewall and continue printing. Turn on the firewall once the pages are printed.
- If your printer HP Envy 7640 still does not respond after the above steps, try restarting the computer and the printer.
When something is missing or incorrect on the page
- Check the cable length and the location of the printer.
- the high electromagnetic fields generated by the USB can lead to small distortions and damage the printer quality.
- In this case, remove the HP printer from the electromagnetic field.
- You are advised to use a cable less than 3 meters long to reduce the electromagnetic field effects.
We are the third party Internet service provider 123hphelp.ca that provides technical and troubleshooting assistance to customers for hardware and software problems. All the trademarks and images mentioned on the website are for user information only. We disclaim any ownership or rights to any third party unless stated. Download the driver software from the following link: 123.hp.com/envy7640 or 123.hp.com/setup 7640.