HP Officejet 5258 Connect via USB
First download and install the 123.hp.com/setup OJ5258 HP printer software. Make sure your software is compatible with the operating system of your computer and HP printer before installing the software.
- Select the network type from the settings.
- Select Yes. Now send your wireless settings and start installation to your printer.
- Connecting your printer to the power source outlet via USB cable connection First plug-in to the power source outlet.
- Switch ON your HP printer.
- Connect the one end of the USB cable to the computer, other cables, and the printer.
- Now the printer will be detected by your computer operating system.
- If the printer is ready to print, scan, and copy, it connects your printer to your computer via USB cable.
HP Officejet 5258 WPS (Wireless Internet Protected Setup):
- After the HP printer software has been installed.
- Install it on your computer system and printer.
- Go to the type of network and select it.
- Select Yes.
- Now send your printer the wireless settings.
- Install the wireless configuration.
- Make sure your WiFi Direct is turned on for your printer.
Two Methods to turn on Wi-Fi direct:
Manual Method: before connecting to your printer, a mobile device must be confirmed in the printer control panel. Manual method improved safety. And ask for additional pass keys if you want to connect.
Automatic Method: Any mobile device can be connected to the printer with the help of automatic mode.
When the printer is connected to a computer, Wi-Fi can be used directly, regardless if it is a USB cable connection or a wireless connection.
HP Officejet 5258 Ethernet network
Make sure the HP Printer Software 123.hp.com/setup Oj5258 compatible with your operating system and printer is downloaded and installed.
If you’re a Windows user, follow the instructions in accordance with your operating system.
- Down to the arrow below the start screen at the left corner.
- Select your name from the imprinter Click Utilities.
- Click Set-Up & Software.
- Clip on USB to connect your printer.
- Right click on the start screen anywhere on a blank screen.
- Go to All apps from the app bar.
- Select your printer name.
- Go to utilities.
- Click Printer Setup & Software.
- Click connect the printer to USB.
Windows 7, windows vista, Windows XP:
Click on the desktop startup, go to all programs and then click HP. Select your name folder. Click Setup & Software Printer, then select Connect the printer to USB.
Set HP Utility to change the USB software connection in the Applications/HP settings.