HP ePrint DJ 2540 setup
The HP Deskjet 2540 printer is a Thermal Inkjet Printer that can be efficiently printed, copied and scanned on demand. This Deskjet Printer is compact and a mobile device. Deskjet 2540 Printer is its competitors ‘ most economic brand. The HP Deskjet printer takes in the input tray up to 50 sheets and returns 30 sheets into the output tray. You can install www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540 software drivers
HP Deskjet 2540 Printer requires you to install and maintain only a black and a three-color cartridge to make it affordable to use at home. When it comes to replacing Ink cartridges or removing jams, Deskjet 2540 makes it all the easier. This is because the access door to the cartridge is opened in the same way as scanners do. The PCL3 GUI Language HP Deskjet 2540 printing device makes different fonts accurate during printing and scanning documents.
All basic functions of the printer can be operated from the steeply constructed buttons accessible from the control panel. You can connect your Deskjet Printer to a network with wireless connectivity. However, the home printer is very easily connected to a USB port with basic features.
HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Control Panel
To access your printer’s multifunctionality, click on the corresponding button in the Printer Control Panel. The control panel is made up of six buttons, three LEDs and an LCD display. You can remotely ePrint, Copy, and enable direct wireless connectivity for your printer using the Control Panel.
HP ePrint DJ 2540 Installation of Printer Driver and ePrint Services
HP Deskjet Printer offers innovative, web-based solutions to easily collect printing documents from the internet.
Make sure your HP Printer is connected to the network via a USB connection before web services are setup. Also make sure you download and install printer software from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540
Web Services configuration procedure using HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Embedded Web Server:
- Open a Web browser to the Printer Embedded Web Server.
- Then click on the Web Services tab and select web settings.
- Click Setup and continue clicking.
- Click Yes to install and restart the configuration from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540 if printer software updates are requested.
- You will be prompted to print the information page and complete the Setup after printer and web services are connected.
Procedure to install HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Software (Windows OS) web services:
- First, open the software for HP Printers you can download printer software from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540.
- Click Print & Scan and click on the EWS homepage of Printer.
- Select the Web Services settings section and click on the Web Services tab.
- Finally, click Setup and follow the Web Services update instructions on the screen.
Setup Web Services with HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Software(Mac OS X): web server update.
- First, Open HP software from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540 is being downloaded.
- Click File now and click Print.
- Subsequently, Ensure Deskjet 2540 Printer is chosen from the Printers list.
- Click Open EWS button now.
- on the Web Services tab and choose the settings section for Web Services.
- Then click Configure and follow the Web services update instructions on the screen.
HP Deskjet 2540 ePrint Services
HP ePrint is a free application to use emails sent to Printer to print documents and photographs. You should enable remote access to ePrint on your printer’s web services. Note: HP Connected enables you to register for an account at www.hpconnected.com. With the login credentials, you can view your HP ePrint job status, manage your HP ePrint queue, etc. You should download the software from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540 to use the ePrint setup.
Pre-requisite for using HP Deskjet 2540 ePrint facility:
- Ensure an active wireless network connection.
- Enable Web Services on your Printer.
HP Deskjet 2540 Using ePrint to print a document:
If you need to print the Network Configuration Page, press the Wireless button and Start Copy Black simultaneously. Login credentials for your printer can be found.
Email the Information Page to the Printer. Follow the steps given:
- First, open your email application in your mobile device or computer.
- Click Create a new email, write an email, and fill in the printer.
- Then enter the printer’s appropriate email address in the field To and click Send.
- Once the printer receives the mail, the document is printed automatically.
Note: You can not enter multiple HP printer email addresses in the “To” field because you do not have a print job on the HP ePrint Server.
To turn HP Deskjet 2540 ePrint OFF:
Locate the access to the Printer Control panel and press the Wireless button to turn off the ePrint feature.
Web Services disabled on your HP Deskjet 2540 Printer:
- First, Open the Printer Embedded Web Server using a Web browser.
- Also, Click the Web Services tab.
- Now, Click Remove Web Services.
- Finally, Click Yes button to confirm.
HP Deskjet 2540 Printer Network Connection
In 4 different types of network connections, you can connect the HP Deskjet 2540 Printer as shown below:
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Wireless Connection.
- Change USB network to a wireless connection.
- Wi-Fi Direct connection without a Router.
The printer software can be installed from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540, once network connections are established. You can also visit the Printer Embedded Web Server Home page for additional Advance settings.
Before you begin setting up the HP Deskjet 2540 Printer to the Wireless Network, ensure the following:
- A wireless 802.11b / g / n network configured on a WPS-based wireless router.
- Printer and computer on the USB network is configured.
- Note: You may be prompted for a wireless network name (SSID) and password while connecting to the Printer. The name of your wireless network is usually the Wireless Network Name. The password may be either a WPA passphrase or a WEP key according to network security levels.
HP ePrint DJ 2540 Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup
To enable wireless service, press and hold the WPS button on your printer and router.
Note: You can also get the Network Configuration Page by pressing the Wireless button simultaneously and starting Copy Black. The WPS PIN is also available on the configuration page.
- WPS PIN or Wireless Settings method is another Wi-Fi configuration.
- First, press and hold the Wireless button on your printer for 3 seconds.
- Then enter your network’s WPS PIN in the configuration of the router to enable wireless configuration.
HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Printer Setup
Procedure for establishing a network connection for HP Deskjet 2540 Printer:
- First, open the HP Printer and click Utilities software.
- Then click Setup Printer & Manual Installation Software.
- Click Connect a Network Printer and select the Network Wireless option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to establish the wireless connectivity to download the drivers from www.hp.com/eprint/dj2540.
Procedure for establishing a New HP Deskjet 2540 Printer network connection:
- First, Open the HP Printer and Click Utilities software.
- Now, click Setup & Software Printer.
- Select Connect a New Printer and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
HP Deskjet 2540 Change Network settings:
- To activate a wireless service, press and hold the Wireless button in the Printer Control Panel.
- Now, Open HP Printer and Click Setup & Software for the Printer.
- Then select Wireless Network Reconfiguration option and follow onscreen instructions for setting the type of network connection.
HP Deskjet 2540 USB Connection Printer Setup
- Check first for the availability of a wireless network connection.
- Note: Until prompted, do not disconnect the USB cable Printer connection.
- Press and hold the Control Panel Wireless button to allow Wireless Service.
Change HP Deskjet 2540 Printer USB network to a wireless connection
You can use the HP Printer software to change the type of network connection once the HP Printer software has been installed and a new printer is connected to your computer.
To change from an USB connection to a Wireless Connection for the HP Deskjet 2540 Printer (windows):
- Open the HP Printer software first.
- Now, click the button Utilities.
- Also, Click Settings for Printer Setup & Software.
- Then choose Connect a New Printer and follow the instructions in the screen.
- In addition, when prompted, select the wireless connection option and continue to convert a usb-connected printer to a wireless printer.
- Finally, disconnect your printer from the USB cable.